Tuesday, November 8, 2016

In The Beginning

I've never really been much of a writer, especially of journals. In fact, while in school, I hated writing and reading literature, particularly fiction. My strengths were in math, science, and music.

Through my adult years, I have been involved in a number of activities and even employment that required writing skills. For four years, I converted technical manuals from printed to online. Then for about three years, I wrote technical content for the support section of the website of a popular computer company. The group I was in even received a couple of awards.

My involvement in a few leadership positions with ham radio and emergency communications also made it necessary to write documents such as policies and procedures, newsletters, reports, etc.

Because of my "professional" writing experiences, and despite my threat during school to "never be a writer," I've decided "writing" isn't really half-bad. In fact, someday, maybe, I might write a book of some sort.

For now however, I've decided to blog about my experiences in amateur radio, emergency services and anything else I'm involved with that is related. Maybe someone might find some of my experiences interesting or even encouraging. If nothing else, I'll have some written record of something in my life I have enjoyed - maybe to pass on to future generations.


We'll see...

No comments:

Post a Comment