Saturday, November 12, 2016

Lawyers and Mobile Phone Carriers

I've got a little story that just makes me want to shake my head. In fact, I wasn't going to post it because I didn't think it was radio related - then I thought - it is so. After all - it has to do with my mobile phone carrier - and a mobile phone is a radio - right?

So here goes...

I came home from having lunch with my wife today (she works most Saturdays) and I stopped at the mailbox to pick up the mail. There was an envelope that looked kind of official, meaning legal, or scary or something.

I opened it up and - low and behold - it was a check from a class action lawsuit I've been waiting for, that some lawyers filed against AT&T! (um, not really - that was sarcasm).

Now let me tell you - for the most part - I detest class action lawsuits because it's just an easy way for a bunch of lawyers to make a HUGH sum of money, because of something slimy some big corporation did, thinking they could get away with, that affected thousands, if not, millions of people, where each person ends up receiving a very small portion of a small percentage of billions of dollars, where the larger portion is split between far, far fewer lawyers, that ended up being a pretty sure thing for them, i.e., not much work. Pheeewww.....

So - here's my portion:



See why I've been waiting very patiently, with baited breath, and with huge amounts of anticipation, for months and months and months for this check? (NOT!)

Gee - can I buy a resistor with that amount?

No comments:

Post a Comment